Credendo | Export Credit Agency (ECA) in Belgium
Credendo is a European trade credit insurance group that covers risks worldwide. The parent company, Credendo – Export Credit Agency, was founded in 1921 to support Belgian international trade by granting guarantees and insurance for export transactions. It has since developed into an international group, present in 15 European countries and Russia, offering solutions in all segments of trade credit insurance:
- Belgian export credit agency: promoting Belgian exports, imports and investments abroad with medium- and long-term trade credit and political risk insurance, financial guarantees and direct financing.
- Whole turnover short-term credit insurance: providing flexible insurance policies with approved credit limits and a risk period of less than 2 years, worldwide, even in complex risk environments.
- Single risk: covering single contract or single buyer risks up to 7 years in more than 160 countries.
- Excess of loss: covering exceptional and unforeseeable risks of turnover receivables.
- Top-up cover: adding capacity to the credit limits of a short-term trade credit insurance policy.
- Surety: issuing contractual and legal bonds.
Credendo supports SMEs and large businesses with credit insurance, guarantees and bespoke financing solutions.
A summary of Credendo
Summary video of Credendo and how it operates in Belgium, Europe. Turning uncertainties into opportunities.
In 1921, the Belgian Government decided to create an agency to support exporting firms by granting insurance and guarantees. In 1939, the Office national du Ducroire (ONDD) became an autonomous public financial institution. In addition to its public aim – to provide insurance with a state guarantee – the company began to develop its private commercial insurance activities in 2004, taking the first step towards international expansion, which has now resulted in it having a presence in 15 countries. In 2017, the group adopted the name Credendo. The Belgian state remains its sole shareholder.
Finished Goods – Our innovative structuring capabilities allow us to put together complex finance structures, even if the end goods are finished
Soft Commodities / Grains – We’ll work with traders and producers to help them increase their trade flows in the jurisdictions they’re operating in
Metals – From scrap metal to alloys, we help traders and distributors access trade, receivable or PO finance for iron, steel and non-ferrous metals
Are you an exporter based in Belgium?
See our TFG Belgium Export guide here. here.