|Etihad Credit Insurance (ECI) | |
Export Credit Agency (ECA) in UAE
About Etihad Credit Insurance
Etihad Credit Insurance is the UAE’s Federal export credit company, established to support the development of the country’s non-oil exports, trade, investments and strategic sectors by bolstering the competitiveness of small and large businesses in both local and international markets.
With a comprehensive array of trade credit solutions and services, ECI protects businesses against commercial and non-commercial risks, ranging from customers’ insolvency, and protracted defaults as well as supply risks and certain political risks.
It also helps businesses achieve growth on a global scale by providing a wide range of market intelligence and ease of access to international markets, as well as facilitating commercial funding from banks and financing institutions to effectively help businesses manage their capital cycle requirements.
- Support UAE’s diversification strategy in transitioning to a non-oil based economy by making exports of goods and services more globally competitive
- Encourage UAE businesses to access emerging markets of regional and international scope as well as enable companies to reach greater heights and achieve sustainable growth
- Protect UAE companies from commercial, political and non-payment risks through Shariah-compliant and conventional risk mitigation and financing tools
- Equip UAE businesses with in-depth intelligence, knowledge and export strategies that will bolster their confidence to explore new opportunities
- Help exporters compete against those who are supported by their national ECAs
- Provide export credit financing when private lenders cannot finance export sales
- Partner with private financial institutions to enhance their confidence in lending more funds to exporters while managing their risks
A summary of Etihad Credit Insurance
Products and services offered by Etihad Credit Insurance
- Short, medium and long-term trade credit insurance
- Loss payee
- Letters of credit
- Surety bonds
- Re-insurance and Co-insurance
Raw Materials – From tobacco to spices, gold to bronze, commodities represent a large proportion of our trade finance portfolio
Finished Goods – Our innovative structuring capabilities allow us to put together complex finance structures, even if the end goods are finished
Metals – From scrap metal to alloys, we help traders and distributors access trade, receivable or PO finance for iron, steel and non-ferrous metals
Are you an exporter based in UAE?
See our TFG UAE Export guide here .