|Export Finance Norway (Eksfin) | |
Export Credit Agency (ECA) in Norway
Export Finance Norway (Eksfin) is a governmental financial enterprise that was established on 1 July 2021.
Eksfin was launched following the merger of the Norwegian Export Credit Guarantee Agency (GIEK) and Export Credit Norway (EKSPORTKREDITT).
Its mission is to ensure that Norwegian export industries are financially competitive abroad.
Eksfin falls under the control of the Norwegian Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries.
The largest industries that use Eksfin are the maritime, fisheries, aquaculture, and energy industries.
A number of emerging industries have also started using Eksfin’s services in recent years.
A summary of Eksfin
Eksfin - Benefits of using an ECA in Norway
- Eksfin can strengthen the entire value chain: exporters, subcontractors, international buyers and banks can become customers.
- The Norwegian government backs Eksfin’s loans and guarantees throughout their terms.
- Eksfin’s guarantees therefore benefit from the government’s high AAA credit rating.
- Eksfin can provide government loans and guarantees for promoting specific sales. contracts abroad, investments in Norway that contribute to exports, or other transactions that help to generate value and employment within Norway.
Products and services offered by Eksfin
Eksfin finances Norwegian exporters, their suppliers, and foreign customers. Eksfin has a wide range of product offerings tailored to the internationalisation process:
- Loan guarantee: Export-related investments in Norway.
- Production loan guarantee: Financing of production costs related to export.
- Letter of credit guarantee: Ensures money transfer between the buyer’s and the exporter’s bank.
- Buyer financing: Long-term loans or guarantees with long maturities and attractive terms.
- Credit insurance: Reduces risk connected to payment obligations
Raw Materials – From tobacco to spices, gold to bronze, commodities represent a large proportion of our trade finance portfolio
Finished Goods – Our innovative structuring capabilities allow us to put together complex finance structures, even if the end goods are finished
Metals – From scrap metal to alloys, we help traders and distributors access trade, receivable or PO finance for iron, steel and non-ferrous metals
Are you an exporter based in Norway?
See our TFG Norway Export guide here .