|ECGC | Export Credit Agency (ECA) in India|
ECGC Ltd. (Formerly Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India Ltd.), a wholly-owned division of the Government of India, was set up in 1957 with the objective of promoting exports from the country by providing Credit Risk Insurance and related services for exports.
It functions under the administrative control of the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, and is managed by a board of directors comprising representatives from government, the Reserve Bank of India, as well as the commercial banking, insurance and exporting communities.
Over the years it has designed different export credit risk insurance products to suit the requirements of Indian exporters and commercial banks extending export credit. ECGC is essentially an export promotion organization, seeking to improve the competitiveness of the Indian exporters by providing them with credit insurance covers.
A summary of ECGC
Products and services offered by ECGC
- Range of credit risk insurance covers to exporters against loss in export of goods and services
- Export credit insurance covers to banks and financial institutions to enable exporters to obtain better facilities from them
- Provides overseas investment insurance to Indian companies investing in joint ventures abroad in the form of equity or loan
- Insurance protection to exporters against payment risks such as political unrest, sanctions or foreign trade restrictions/tariffs, as well as commercial uncertainty
- Guidance and information in export-related activities
- Provides information on the creditworthiness of overseas buyers
Raw Materials – From tobacco to spices, gold to bronze, commodities represent a large proportion of our trade finance portfolio
Finished Goods – Our innovative structuring capabilities allow us to put together complex finance structures, even if the end goods are finished
Metals – From scrap metal to alloys, we help traders and distributors access trade, receivable or PO finance for iron, steel and non-ferrous metals
Are you an exporter based in India?
See our TFG India Export guide here .