|Qatar Development Bank (QDB) | |
Export Credit Agency (ECA) in Qatar
About Qatar Development Bank
The Qatar Development Bank (QDB) was established to develop and empower Qatari entrepreneurs and innovators to contribute to the diversification of the Qatari economy, through successful small and medium-sized enterprises that are able to compete in global markets.
This is primarily achieved through a mixture of:
- Direct and indirect financing of mandated sectors in general, with a sector-agnostic approach
- Promoting and supporting exports
- Providing business support, through a set of initiatives and services associated with real estate development and housing loans to citizens
- Enhancing technical skills and developing capabilities
- Providing opportunities for small and medium enterprises domestically and globally
- Promoting SME ecosystem development
A summary of Qatar Development Bank
Products and services offered by Qatar Development Bank
- Export Finance (This service from QDB aims at encouraging Qatari SMEs to focus on foreign markets and increase their export volume and sales operations abroad by providing financing solutions for exports and guarantees against risks of non-payment by foreign buyers)
- Discounting invoices
- Letters of credit
- Export insurance (Pre-shipment cover and post-shipment risk cover)
Raw Materials – From tobacco to spices, gold to bronze, commodities represent a large proportion of our trade finance portfolio
Finished Goods – Our innovative structuring capabilities allow us to put together complex finance structures, even if the end goods are finished
Metals – From scrap metal to alloys, we help traders and distributors access trade, receivable or PO finance for iron, steel and non-ferrous metals
Are you an exporter based in Qatar?
See our TFG Qatar Export guide here .