|Korea Trade Insurance Corporation (K-SURE) | |
Export Credit Agency (ECA) in South Korea
About Korea Trade Insurance Corporation
The Korea Trade Insurance Corporation (K-SURE) was founded to provide comprehensive support to international transactions all around the world in line with the growing global interdependence between trade and overseas investment.
K-SURE was established in July 1992 via the Trade Insurance Act with the goal of promoting trade and overseas investment of Korean enterprises with the mission to boost national competitiveness.
As the official export credit agency under the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, K-SUREs scope is as follows:
- Operation of various trade insurance programs to cover risks arising from the export and import of goods and services, overseas construction works and investments, management of foreign exchange (FX) and interest rate fluctuations, export of cultural contents and services, and other overseas transactions
- Provision of credit-related services including credit research and credit information management in addition to debt recovery services, including the collection of overseas receivables for Korean enterprises
- To be a public corporation trusted by the people of Korea’ with an emphasis on customer satisfaction assurance by implementing ethical and innovative management systems based on the principles of integrity, transparency, sharing, and communication.
- Sound management of the ‘Trade Insurance Fund’ through the trade insurance underwriting ceiling approved by the National Assembly and the integrated risk management system
- Trade insurance products and value-added services with the aim to contribute to the promotion of Korean exports as well as international trade on a broader scope to proactively deal with a constantly changing environment of global trade
Products and services offered by Korea Trade Insurance Corporation
- Short-term, medium-term and long-term export credit insurance
- Pre-shipment export credit guarantee
- Post-shipment export credit guarantee
- FX risk insurance
- Export bond insurance.
Raw Materials – From tobacco to spices, gold to bronze, commodities represent a large proportion of our trade finance portfolio
Finished Goods – Our innovative structuring capabilities allow us to put together complex finance structures, even if the end goods are finished
Metals – From scrap metal to alloys, we help traders and distributors access trade, receivable or PO finance for iron, steel and non-ferrous metals
Are you an exporter based in South Korea?
See our TFG South Korea Export guide here .