What is Telecommunications and Media Finance?
Trade Finance Global has extensive expertise in telecommunications and media finance and our customers can be confident that we are well positioned at the heart of the industry.
Telecommunications and Media Finance
Our specialists have an in-depth knowledge of the telecommunications and media market and we are able to offer flexible finance arrangements for all types of telecommunications and media companies. Our diverse client base includes public and private companies involved in fixed wireline and wireless telecommunications, cable, broadcasting, printing, entertainment, and technology (software, hardware and IT services). By treating every financial request as unique, our aim is to identify and meet all your finance requirements.
Key products we finance include:
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Videoconferencing facilities
- Software packages
- Your business is looking for £50k+ trade finance
- You want to import or export stock and have suppliers/ buyers
- Your business is creditworthy
When a business wants to trade internationally, the exporter would typically want to be paid up front by the importer. The bank would issue a Letter of Credit, which guarantees this payment to the exporter upon receipt of documentary proof that the goods have been shipped. This is then repaid once the importer has paid for the goods, which could be anything between 30-180 days later.
What is the SIC Code for Telecommunications and Media?
The SIC Code for is 61100 (Wired telecommunications activities)
Other SIC Codes that could also be used are:
- 46520 Wholesale of electronic and telecommunications equipment and parts
- 47429 Retail sale of telecommunications equipment other than mobile telephones
- 61200 Wireless telecommunications activities
- 61300 Satellite telecommunications activities
- 61900 Other telecommunications activities
- 77291 Renting and leasing of media entertainment equipment
The company is the second largest provider of cable in the UK. It provides telecommunications to universities and large corporates on a reactive basis, but their big problem was a lack of confidence in fulfilling large contracts recently won. The company agreed an £800k facility and were able to immediately finance their imported stock from abroad at a fixed cost.
What this finance did was give the business the confidence to chase, win and deliver on big contracts, ensure the warehouse was fully stocked for incoming reactive opportunities, and fulfil customer service turnarounds of 1-3 days.
Learn more about trade finance - speak to the team
- No security or personal guarantee required
- Telecommunications and media finance available even if the banks refuse finance
- Our partners find you solutions to increase trade
- Fast turnaround – get automotive or vehicle finance in 24 hours
Download our Trade and Invoice Finance Guides: