Host: Deepesh Patel, Editorial Director, Trade Finance Global
Philip Bowkley, Co-Chair, Global Payments Industry Council, BAFT
Head of Financial Institutions Groups, Barclays
Trade Finance Global’s Editor Deepesh Patel heard from Philip Bowkley, who sits on BAFT’s Global Payments Industry Council, and is also Head of Financial Institutions Groups at Barclays.
Cash is still king, particularly during these times of tight liquidity, where corporate treasurers have an ever challenging role within their businesses.
Charting this uncertain landscape during the pandemic is hard enough. Banks need to keep up with ever increasing regulatory requirements, a rapid transition towards cashless transactions, as well as the growing demand for 24/7 instant payments.
This video covers the following:
- What is BAFT’s Global Payments Industry Council?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected payments from a corporate and bank perspective?
- Has it been a time for fintechs to offer value to payments platforms?
- What have been the most challenging issues for banks to serve their corporate customers during the pandemic, from a cash management and treasury perspective?
- What’s in stock from an ISO 20022 perspective?
- Main themes from BAFT’s Global Payments Conference
TFG are proud media partners of BAFT’s Global Payments Conference. Find out more here.