Trade Finance Global are looking for student writers
Whether you’ve just started university, have been there for several years, or have recently graduated, we want to hear from you. We’re on the lookout for passionate volunteer writers who have something to say about the economy, business and trade.
What’s in it for you?
Boost your professional reputation and credibility as a writer in the trade, politics and economics space
You’ll be a recognised expert and learn about a niche sector or geography and share your work with a global community
Interview and work with the experts in financial technology, commodities, and business / commercial finance
We will give you access to our 14 week e-learning training programme on international trade
What we would expect from you:
- Your voluntary commitment
- 1 short blog per month, for 6 months, focussed on a particular sector or geography. See our student articles here.
- You would contribute to our journal: ‘2019 Finance Trends’ in June (a previous year’s 2017 Student Report: ‘Beyond Brexit’)
Sectors and Geographies
- Blockchain and DLT / trade
- Fintech and Alternative Finance
- Metals and Mining
- Soft Commodities
- Agriculture and Crops
- Oil and Gas
- Technology Trends
- Aircraft and Aviation
- Chemical industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- United States
- South Korea
- Hong Kong
- United Arab Emirates
- The Middle East
Meet our writers
Harry Ruffell, Durham University
Writing for Trade Finance Global has enabled me to deepen my knowledge of trade finance and the business world more generally. It has helped me develop as a writer and has enhanced my skills set.
Tom Harrison, University of Birmingham
Being a student writer for TFG has been a great experience and one I would recommend for anyone interested in furthering their knowledge of business and trade. The support provided has helped me develop as a writer, and getting to see my work published online was a really great sense of achievement.
Other examples of student articles
- Yuen Kit Chong – How Now, Brown Brazilian Cow
- Cheickna Moulaye – Frexit: How will it affect economic policy
- Miradam Aghayev – Brexit and Investment Banks, Turkey’s Economic Fairytale
- Owen Lock – The European Airlines Budget Boom
- Bejal Patel – Is Hammond Skating on Thin Ice?
- Ross McKenzie – President Trump’s effect on trade
- Morgan Lee – Populism and it’s affects on the Eurozone
- Keri Clark – Vietnam: An Emerging Frontier
- Tom Harrison – Will the EU be around in 5 years time?
- Jiahe Wang – Is China the No1 Fintech Investor in the World?
See all of our latest student articles here.
About Trade Finance Global
With the shifting geopolitical and economic climate, as well as uncertainty on the future of global trade, businesses need strategic guidance on growth and trading overseas.
TFG produces a wealth of educational videos and guides for businesses on topics around trade, and shares industry knowledge through its role as strategic media partners for trade conference providers around the world.
Attracting around 100k monthly visitors, our online publications (the Trade Portal) has a global readership in 185 countries. Our newly launched specialist content hubs provide free guides, thought leadership articles and features on almost every aspect of trade. Our most recent venture, ‘Brexit Business’ is a guide for UK enterprises navigating the complexity around Brexit.
Why Trade Finance Global?
A post on Trade Finance Global is certainly something to shout about. Our readers and audience are a globally engaged cohort in the trade, politics and economics space. So whether you’re early in your trade finance career or looking to provide opinion and expert advice, being a TFG contributor is a great opportunity.
How does it work?
- Apply here (CV, desired sectors and geographies)
- Sample work (if available)
- We get back to you with a proposal / timeline if our team decide to progress with the application
- Your work will be published
NOTE: Our team review all submissions. Please note that we can’t make publishing guarantees.
WIN a GoPro HERO4 Session!
What’s more, our favourite writer (judged by a combination most viewed, shared and engaging article) will receive a GoPro HERO4 Session!
As seen on
Comments are closed.