Exports continue to see boosted profits and growth, as a result of the weaker pound post Brexit. Coffee machine manufacturer, Fracino has seen a surge in sales due to it’s growth abroad.
Coffee export boost gives retailer a positive kick
Birmingham coffee machine manufacturer, Fracino, is celebrating the highest turnover in its 54-year history following another strong year of domestic and export sales.
Exporting to over 70 countries across the globe, performance is up 10% on 2015-2016. The 66-strong business sells thousands of machines every year to UK customers including Subway®, Patisserie Valerie, Living Ventures Restaurant Group, AMT Coffee and Pathfinder pub chains.
Taking advantage of the weak pound, Fracino launched an export arm from scratch in 2008. The manufacturer has witnessed an increase in international trade – with the exception of European markets – since the value of the pound dropped in June 2016.
Explained global sales and marketing director, Peter Atmore: “Our export sales are performing well across the globe but we have noticed that the European markets have been unsettled over the 12 months
“We are also converting enquiries into orders for direct shipment from an increasing number of countries that we don’t currently have distribution or representation in. This reinforces the benefits of the lower value pound, providing us with an opportunity to generate awareness and experience of the equipment range that we are seeking to develop into continued trade in the longer term.”
Milestones across the last 12 months include launching a second bespoke machine, the SUB2, for SUBWAY® higher volume stores in the UK and Ireland. The collaboration followed the success of Fracino’s SUB1, which is installed in 540 sites across the UK and Poland.
The third generation family business, launched in a garden shed in 1953, has also been named as SUBWAY® Innovation Partner – an accolade, which acknowledges Fracino’s talent, creativity and commitment.
Boosting its payroll by 25% across 2016-2017, Fracino’s multi-million pound investment, which is nearing completion, includes a 2,500 sq. ft. extension to accommodate a state-of-the-art showroom, a Technical Training Centre of Excellence and an extended service and spares facility.
Fracino’s machines can be found on every continent. Closer to home, they also feature prominently on a highly popular TV soap’s coffee shop set, where they are seen by millions of viewers each week.
A champion of British manufacturing, Fracino displays the Union Jack on every machine, which leaves its production facility. Over 90 per cent of components are fabricated in-house via state-of-the-art research and development, cutting-edge equipment and bespoke CAD technology. The business is also a proud member of Made in Britain – an association of British manufacturers who are committed to promoting the industry.
Fracino MD, Adrian Maxwell, said: “Our record-breaking results are attributable to our strategy to invest, innovate and expand. We have an incredibly hard-working team that is second to none in our industry and I thank each of them for their passion and dedication.”
Established in 1963, the family owned and run business is home to three generations of the Maxwell family. Founder Frank is the company’s chairman; his son Adrian is the MD, and his daughter Rebecca is the service support manager.
- The multi award-winning manufacturer began when Birmingham engineer Frank Maxwell began making coffee machines in his garden shed.
- Fracino is the UK’s sole manufacturer of cappuccino and espresso machines – a market traditionally dominated by Italian and Spanish manufacturers.
- The team sells thousands of machines every year to customers including Subway®, Patisserie Valerie, Living Ventures Restaurant Group, AMT Coffee and Pathfinder pub chains.
- Fracino has achieved double-digit sales growth year-on-year since 2009.
- The company’s portfolio includes 55 products. Fracino manufacture a range of coffee machines including the fully automatic bean-to-cup Cybercino machine, hand fill compact machines and a range of traditional espresso machines including the stylish Romano and latest-technology PID. Their innovative Dual Fuel espresso machine range are the perfect solution for the rapidly growing mobile coffee market
- Fracino’s portfolio also extends to coffee grinders, dishwashers, glass washers, ice machines a coffee roaster and range of water boilers.
Trade Finance Global is dedicated in assisting business within the food industry to progress, with financial aid options available and tailored to individual requirements. You can find out more here.