Last updated on June 2nd, 2022
Trade Finance Global (TFG), today announced a media partnership with City & Financial Global Ltd for 10th edition of City Week 2020 – its annual International Financial Services Forum.
More than 80 high profile speakers, such as John Glen MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury; Steven Maijoor, Chairman, European Securities and Markets Authority and Sam Woods, Deputy Governor Bank of England and CEO of the PRA, will be joined online by more than 1,000 prominent figures from the international financial services community, including market participants and policy makers drawn from around the world, to discuss the most pressing matters affecting the international financial services industry in the era of Covid-19.
Organised under a partnership between the UK Government’s Department for International Trade, the City of London Corporation, TheCityUK, UK Finance, London & Partners and City & Financial Global, City Week 2020 will address topics such as:
- Global trade and investment in a changing world
- Ongoing impact of COVID-19 on the financial markets
- Greening the financial system and making green financial products mainstream
- Operational resilience, cybersecurity and cross-industry cooperation
- Transition from IBOR – will the industry be ready in time?
- Sustainable bonds and raising financing to address emerging priorities in light of COVID-19
- Global fight against financial crime
- Sustainability, social impact investing and ESG with focus on ‘social’
- Evolution of a new model for financial regulation in the UK
- Skills for the post-COVID-19 AI world
- Cultural transformation, governance and trust in the COVID-19 world
- Data sharing, data analytics and ethical dilemmas
- Planning for the next pandemic
A panel consisting of Marcos Troyjo, President, New Development Bank, Nigel Wilson, Chief Executive Officer, Legal & General Group, Professor Ngaire Woods CBE, Dean, Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford and moderated by Miles Celic, Chief Executive Officer, TheCityUK will focus on global trade and investment in a changing world impacted by unprecedented global health crisis.
A full list of speakers and the event programme can be found at www.cityweekuk.com
Maurice Button, Chief Executive of City & Financial Global Ltd, said:
“Covid-19 has precipitated a radical rethink about the purpose of companies and their accountability to different stakeholders, as well as how the capitalist model could or should be redefined. Financial services companies are at the heart of this debate. City Week 2020 will provide a vital forum for the discussion of the issues that really matter to industry leaders and their principal stakeholders.”