LONDON, 16th July, 2020. Trade Finance Global (TFG), today announced a media partnership with Reuters Events flagship Commodity Trading Summit, a virtual series of events featuring commodity producers, traders, buyers and investors.
Given unprecedented levels of volatility in the markets, a complete shift in consumer and government demand and political instability, the commodity agenda has never before experienced transformation at such a level.
For the trade and commodity finance sector, the Coronavirus pandemic and recent commodity trade collapses following fraud has led bank divisions to rethink their trading divisions, or even exit the market.
The conference will showcase a macroeconomic overview and future outlook for global commodities trading, with big names and leaders from across the sector covering:
- Macroeconomics, market drivers and commodities outlook, in particular, the impact of coronavirus
- Commodity trading – energy, mining and metals, shipping in 2020 (some of the biggest changes in the market over the course of the last decade)
- ESG and the energy transition
- Regulation, geopolitics and the digitisation of commodity trading
Pre-event webinar – 3rd September
In preparation for the event on the 9-10th November 2020, Reuters are also showcasing a series of webinars which you can sign up for.
Their next webinar is ‘How Is the Trade of Metals and Minerals Evolving?
The mining and metals industries have arguably fared better than many in recent months. Yet the longer term impacts of the energy outlook, disrupted trade flows and the global economy remain unclear.
That’s why, on Thursday 3 September at 3pm BST, Reuters Events are hosting a webinar to help you comprehend the market in 2020 and make decisions in the year ahead.
Expert speakers driving the discussion:
• Yang Liu, Head of China, SVP, London Metal Exchange
• Tom Brady, Executive Director, J.P. Morgan Center for Commodities
The Commodity Trading Summit – 9th – 10th November
Sustainability. Profitability. Resilience. Deliver a better commodity trading system
Key speakers and moderators include:
– Torbjörn Törnqvist, Chairman and CEO, Gunvor Group
– Russell Hardy, CEO, Vitol
– Marco Dunand, CEO, Mercuria Energy Trading
– Carol Howle, EVP, Trading and Shipping, BP
– Stuart Williams, President, ICE Futures Europe, Intercontinental Exchange
– Peter Reitz, Chief Executive Officer, EEX AG
– Deepesh Patel, Editor-in-Chief, Trade Finance Global
Comments are closed.