Bank Guarantee Course (CSDG)
Certificate for Specialists in Demand Guarantees (CSDG)
If you are looking for a CSDG designation through an accredited internationally recognized course, you have come to the right place. TFG has partnered with the London Institute of Banking and Finance to offer the Certificate for Specialists in Demand Guarantees (CSDG) designation. CSDG develops practical knowledge and expertise in the use of guarantees including industry rules, such as URDG 758 and ISP98, legislation and the challenges relating to demand guarantees and standby credits.
Overview of this Bank Guarantee Course
- Royal Charter approved Qualification
- Comprehensive training, approved by Trade Finance Global
- Free one year supply of Trade Finance Talks Magazine
- Written by URDG 758 practitioners and experts
The Certificate for Specialists in Demand Guarantees qualification will develop students’ understanding of the use of guarantees, industry rules, legislation and the challenges relating to demand guarantees and standby credits. CSDG enables students to demonstrate a high level of expertise and improves knowledge and understanding of the complex issues associated with demand guarantee best practice.
Who is the course for?
This course is perfect for those seeking to gain an understanding of URDG 758 and ISP98 or anyone aspiring to work within an area dealing with demand guarantees. This certificate will allow you to stand out from the crowd as you can use the CSDG designation after your name upon completion.
The CSDG has been designed by renowned specialists in the demand guarantee field for professionals that use demand guarantees in everyday work to include all the key insights and hidden details on complex industry regulations like URDG 758 and ISP98 that will help students outperform their competition. Whether you are trying to break into the industry by impressing hiring managers or looking for a training program that will give your team a competitive edge in today’s hyper-competitive environment, you have come to the right place.
Why get a CSDG Designation?
The CSDG is designed to enable you as a demand guarantee professional to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise. The qualification will develop your understanding in the use of guarantees, industry rules (URDG 758), legislation (ISP98) and the challenges relating to demand guarantees and standby credits. CSDG® enables you to demonstrate a high level of expertise and improves knowledge and understanding of the complex issues associated with demand guarantee best practice.
CSDG® develops the knowledge and skills required to manage demand guarantees and identify risks through the application of knowledge and checking the accuracy of demand guarantee and standby credit demands. Within this, it provides a core understanding of products, processes, parties, rules and regulations that underpin demand guarantees.
CSDG is made up of one mandatory unit on the Principles and Practices of Demand Guarantees which needs to be successfully completed in order for you to achieve the certificate
The qualification will encourage you to:
- analyze demand guarantee products and processes and reflect upon your desirability and effectiveness in a variety of scenarios.
- apply appropriate rules and guidelines within demand guarantees.
- understand the interrelationships between the various subject disciplines and assimilate these coherently to provide effective solutions.
- develop an understanding of current technical language, methods and practices of demand guarantees, standby letters of credit and suretyships.
- select and analyze appropriate data and information from a range of sources
- increase your ability to work and learn independently
There are no specific entry requirements and registration is open year-round. However, working knowledge of the basics of trade finance would be an advantage and you need to be satisfied with your ability to study in English at Level 4.
In line with the London Institute of Banking & Finance regulations, as CSDG is a single unit qualification, recognition of prior learning does not apply.
The Certificate for Specialists in Demand Guarantees is a Level 4 qualification registered with Ofqual in the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
Registration fee: £580
Exam resit fee: £347
Recertification fee: £200
Key Skills Developed
- Demand guarantees – including tender, performance and advance payment
- Indemnities, Suretyships and standby letters of credit and how they compare
- Scope of industry rules including URDG 758 and ISP98
- Parties involved in demand guarantees and their roles and obligations
- Risk issues, including types, control and mitigations
- Impact of external factors including governing law and force majeure
Time required to study
Total Qualification Time (TQT) is a prediction of the total time a student with no prior knowledge might need to complete the course.
TQT consists of two elements, Guided Learning and all other hours: Guided Learning is the amount of time spent studying under the immediate guidance or supervision of a teacher. All other hours include hours spent unsupervised in research, learning, e-learning, e-assessment, exam preparation, and formal assessments.
CSCF is primarily considered as a distance learning qualification with on-demand examinations through Pearson VUE.
Guided Learning Hours: 0 hours
Other hours: 256 hours
Total Qualification Time: 256 hours
Examination / Assessment and further details
CSDG is assessed through a 3-hour 100-mark paper-based objective exam split into two sections:
- Section A – 50 multiple-choice questions. This component of the examination is worth 50 marks.
- Section B – 10 multiple-choice questions, with one mark available for each correct answer; one case study with six linked multiple-choice questions, Two questions where you must identify one correct answer from a choice of four, one mark for each correct answer. Four questions are reject-or-pay exercises, you must identify one correct answer from a choice of five, two marks for each correct answer; six simulation document-checking exercises, you must identify five discrepancies from a choice of 10. Each discrepancy correctly identified is worth one mark. A total of five marks are available for each simulation exercise. This component of the examination is worth 50 marks.
To achieve an overall pass, you must achieve a mark of 70% overall (and 60% for Section B). Credit cannot be claimed for gaining 60% in Section B but failing to gain 70% overall, only overall achievement is graded.
CSDG is examined in over 40 countries at designated international centres. Exams are held in April and October each year
When you have successfully completed the CSDG® qualification, the CSDG® designation remains valid for three years. To retain the designation after this period, you are required to either complete continuing professional development (CPD) in order to recertify or re-take and pass the examination.
To recertify you will be required to submit 36 CPD Learning hours / PDUs to recertify successfully.
Learning resources that you’re given
CSDG is a self-study qualification. Following registration, you will be sent a detailed study text covering the syllabus and containing review questions and activities. A specimen paper is also available to download. In addition to printed materials, students will also receive online access to the study resources.
The following study materials are also included in your registration fee and are available immediately after registration:
- online access through MyLIBF to learning materials and to KnowledgeBank
- a unit syllabuses
- Study text
- specimen paper
- a student-led forum
Extras (from TFG)
By registering for this course through the TFG partnership program you will also receive:
- A free hard copy subscription to TFG’s Trade Finance Talks magazine,
- A free subscription to TFG’s podcast series, and
- A free subscription to TFG’s e-newsletter
TFG produces a wealth of educational videos and guides for businesses on topics around trade, and shares industry knowledge through its role as strategic media partners for trade conference providers around the world.
Attracting around 100k monthly readers, our online publications (the Trade Portal) have a global audience in 185 countries. Our newly launched specialist content hubs provide guides, thought leadership articles and features on almost every aspect of trade. Gaining access to this wealth of information will be the perfect supplement to your supply chain finance certification and will enable you to continue learning and increasing your expertise.
CSDG helped me to work on demand guarantee more confidently. –CSDG student
Learn more about trade finance - speak to the team