Traxys Sarl, a leading global physical trader and merchant in metals and natural resources, is pleased to announce the successful signing on 4th May 2021 of its flagship multicurrency syndicated revolving credit facility in the amount of USD 1.330 billion (“facility”) with a group of 26 Lenders, including 2 new banks with a strategically important and complementary geographic regional presence.
The facility was very well-received by the company’s banks and closed largely oversubscribed, with many existing banks increasing their commitments to Traxys from the past year. All tranches were increased, including reinforcement and reset of the 3-year secured tranche and an augmented 1-year committed unsecured tranche evidencing the banks’ support of the company’s business. The facility retains its flexible character and represents a diverse funding solution for Traxys’ working capital needs.
The facility was arranged by Coöperatieve Rabobank U.A. (”Rabobank”), Deutsche Bank AG Amsterdam Branch, ING Bank N.V., Société Générale and Natixis as Active Bookrunning Mandated Lead Arrangers (“ABMLAs”), followed by DBS Bank Ltd participating in the facility as a Bookrunning Mandated Lead Arranger (“BMLA”).
The facility is structured in four tranches:
- a 1-year committed borrowing base tranche
- a 3-year committed borrowing base tranche
- a 1-year uncommitted borrowing base tranche
- a 1 year committed unsecured tranche. Each tranche includes 1-year extension option. In addition, the facility has a USD 250 million accordion feature.
“The success of the transaction demonstrates once again the strong support of Traxys from both new and existing banking partners and highlights the extremely positive outlook for our firm. This facility is important for us and represents the cornerstone of our financing portfolio, being further complemented by a similar amount of flexible bilateral and other working capital finance solutions”– Todd Hermanson, Traxys’ Group Chief Financial Officer
Mark Kristoff, Traxys’ Group Chief Executive Officer added
“This significant commitment from so many lenders strongly supports the continued growth of our company’s diverse and global commodities businesses. The facility will ensure Traxys further consolidates our leading position in the world’s strategically important base metals and battery materials markets as well as the industrial minerals and ferro and noble alloy businesses. All of our markets benefit significantly from the increased long-term demand perspectives for our sector overall”
The banks participating in the facility are as follows:
Mandated Lead Arrangers and Bookrunners:
- Coöperatieve Rabobank U.A. (trading as Rabobank London)
- DBS Bank Ltd, London Branch
- Deutsche Bank AG, Amsterdam Branch
- Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch
- Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas
- ING Bank N.V., Amsterdam, Lancy / Geneva Branch
- Société Générale
Mandated Lead Arrangers
HSBC Trinkaus & Burkhardt AG
- Bank of China Limited, London Branch CA Indosuez (Switzerland) SA
- Credit Suisse (Switzerland) Ltd.
- Garanti Bank International N.V.
- KfW IPEX-Bank GmbH
- UBS Switzerland AG
- ABN AMRO Bank N.V.
- Bank Leumi (UK) Plc
- Banque Cantonale de Gèneve
- Banque Cantonale Vaudoise
- Banque Internationale De Commerce – BRED (Suisse) S.A. Banque Internationale à Luxembourg SA Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
- DZ BANK AG Deutsche Zentral-Genossenschaftsbank, Frankfurt am Main Gazprombank (Switzerland) Ltd.
- MUFG Bank, Ltd.
- Nedbank Limited, London Branch
- Raiffeisen Bank International AG
- Standard Chartered Bank
Traxys is a physical commodity trader and merchant in the metals and natural resources sectors. Its logistics, marketing, distribution, supply chain management and trading activities are conducted by over 400 employees, in over 20 offices worldwide, and its annual turnover is in excess of USD 5 billion.
Headquartered in Luxembourg, Traxys is engaged in the sourcing, trading, marketing and distribution of non-ferrous metals, ferro-alloys, minerals, industrial raw materials and energy. The Group serves a broad base of industrial customers and offers a full range of commercial and financial services.
Traxys, a privately held company, is owned by Traxys’ management team, The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG), and affiliates of Louis M. Bacon, the founder of Moore Capital Management, LP. and Moore Strategic Ventures, LLC, Mr. Bacon’s privately held investment company.
To learn more about Traxys, go to: www.traxys.com.