Trade Finance Global (TFG) is pleased to announce a new media partnership with City & Financial Global Ltd for City Week 2022 – the 12th edition of the annual International Financial Services Forum.
Taking place from 25-27 April at the iconic Guildhall in the heart of City of London, City Week 2022 will feature over 80 high-profile speakers, including:
- Bill Winters, CEO, Standard Chartered
- Amanda Blanc, CEO, Aviva
- Anne Richards, CEO, Fidelity International
- Bruce Carnegie-Brown, chairman, Lloyd’s of London
- Nikhil Rathi, chief executive, Financial Conduct Authority
- Gary Gensler, chair, US Securities and Exchange Commission
These speakers will be joined by prominent individuals from the international services community, including market participants and policymakers drawn from around the world to discuss:
- The climate change challenge – the role of financial services in achieving net zero
- How international developments in financial services are reshaping the industry
- The fintech revolution: technology and disruptive innovation growth drivers
Anne-Marie Trevelyan, UK secretary of state for international trade, is expected to deliver a welcome address on the role of Britain on the world stage, and provide an overview of the prospects for new trade deals across the world.
Organised in partnership with the UK government’s Department for International Trade (DIT), the City of London Corporation, TheCityUK, UK Finance, and City & Financial Global, City Week 2022 brings together industry leaders and policymakers to consider the future of global financial markets.
Maurice Button, CEO of City & Financial Global, said: “Naturally, climate change and the role of the financial services industry in delivering net zero are at the heart of this year’s programme.
“At COP26, 450 financial institutions responsible for $130 trillion of assets pledged their commitment to rapid decarbonisation, and the UN’s climate champions said these companies could deliver 70% of all the investments needed to reach net zero by 2050.
“Other key themes include the latest developments in international financial markets and in financial regulation; financial technology and the impact of the metaverse for fintechs; the evolving agenda of the international standard-setters; and most importantly, how cryptocurrencies, stablecoins, NFTs, defi, and blockchain are revolutionising the industry.”
Deepesh Patel, editorial director at Trade Finance Global (TFG), said: “For the third year running, we’re delighted to partner with City Week 2022, covering critical industry updates around the transition to net zero, transforming financial services for an inclusive system, and the ever-changing role of technology in financial services.
“At a time of uncertainty due to COVID-19, geopolitical turmoil, and the rapidly changing financial services industry, it’s important for stakeholders to convene and consider the future.”
A full list of speakers and the event programme can be found at www.cityweekuk.com.
Each of the three days of City Week will address a specific theme:
- Day 1: Meeting the climate change challenge – the role of financial services in achieving net zero
- Day 2: How international developments in financial services are reshaping the industry
- Day 3: The fintech revolution: technology and disruptive innovation as drivers of growth
Topics for discussion include:
- Making London the world’s first net zero financial centre
- Rewiring the entire global financial system for net zero
- Towards standardisation in climate change reporting
- Developments in prudential regulation in the UK
- The implications of climate change for maintaining financial stability
- The regulatory reform agenda in the UK: assessing recent progress and potential future changes
- Critical issues in financial regulation – the FCA’s perspective
- Implications of the arrival of the metaverse for fintechs
- Regulation of cryptocurrencies and other crypto assets – an industry perspective
- Revolutionising finance: cryptocurrencies, stablecoins, NFTs, defi, and blockchain