The 8th EU Federation (EUF) & FCI EU Factoring Summit will take place on 20-21 April 2023 in Cologne, Germany. FCI and EUF represent over 98% of all European market players.
This eighth Summit is a unique opportunity for industry leaders to network and address topics that really matter to the factoring industry. The programme will address the latest updates and promote the impact of the factoring and commercial finance industry in Europe. The first day will focus on an industry overview of the region, sharing reports from 2022 and will introduce the German market.
April 20, day one of the summit, will include the following:
- Opening Statement – Mr Fausto Galmarini, EUF Chairman
- Welcome to Germany -Professor Hartmann-Wendels, University of Cologne
- 2022 Preliminary Statistics and Figures on the European Factoring Industry – Mrs Magdalena Barczak, Chairwoman of the Economic and Statistics Committee
- Factoring Market in Germany, advancements and opportunities – Mr Michael Menke, Member of the board, Deutscher Factoring Verband e.V. (DFV)
- Presentation on e-invoicing, PSD Revision and Future EU Initiatives on Open Finance – Mrs Fratini Passi, CBI Managing Director,
- Report from Legal and Prudential on what kept us awake at night in 2022 – Mr Diego Tavecchia, EUF PRC Committee Chairman, and Mrs Magdalena Wessel, EUF Legal Committee Chairwoman
- These reports will focus on inter alia developments in the areas of supervisory harmonisation, late payments and default as well as the EU-wide implementation of Basel III, including credit insurance as a credit risk mitigation technique, followed by a Q&A.
Day one’s sessions will conclude with presentations from the Gold Sponsors Codix and Comarch, with speeches from Mr Philipp Schmindinger, Head of Codix German Branch, and Mr Karol Lezzczynski, Comarch Factoring Product Development Manager.
Following the conclusion of day one sessions, the summit continues with a networking dinner in an authentic German Brauhaus with a view of the Cologne Cathedral, allowing all participants to connect in a more relaxed environment.
21 April, day two of the summit, will explore the industries’ most relevant topics. Speakers include:
- Presentation on the EU Banking Sector Asset Quality & Market Developments in Non-Performing Loans (NPL) – Mr Gaetano Chionsini, Head of Statistics, European Banking Authority (EBA)
- Panel Discussion on Sustainability and ESG with views from the factoring and credit insurance industry, chaired by Mr Fausto Galmarini
- Panellists include:
- Mr Dirk Hagener, Atradius
- Mr Wolfgang Reiser, BNP Paribas Factor GmbH
- Mr Guglielmo Santella, Allianz Trade
- Mr Christian Stoffel, Coface
- EU Commission Update on Late Payment Directive Revision’s Impact on Corporate Sustainability
- Presentation on CRR Reform
- Presentation on The Sustainable Supply Chain Finance Opportunity – Mr Luca Gelsomino, Academic Director of the Supply Chain Finance Community
The second half of the day will feature a panel discussion on where we will be by 2030, chaired by myself, FCI Secretary General.
Panellists include Mr Kevin Day, Lendscape; Mr Mikko Malminen, OP Corporate Bank, and Mr Aurélien Viry, Société Générale Factoring, and they will share their expertise and knowledge on the industry’s legal and regulatory landscape, the future of the industry, the potential SCF evolution following recent fraud cases and more.
The day and conference will conclude with the closing remarks by FCI Chairwoman, Ms Daniela Bonzanini, and EUF Chairman, Mr Fausto Galmarini.
The EU Factoring and Commercial Finance Summit is the only European Conference organised by the factoring industry for the factoring industry. Don’t miss out, join us as we share the latest updates and get involved in promoting and celebrating the impact of the Commercial Finance Industry which supports the real economy and employment in Europe. Register to attend via www.fci.nl and download the brochure to find out more. Registration closes on 12 April 2023.