Trade Finance Global (TFG), today announced a media partnership with City & Financial Global Ltd for City Week 2021 – the 11th edition of the annual International Financial Services Forum.
More than 90 high profile speakers such as Bill Winters, Chief Executive Officer, Standard Chartered; Mairead McGuinness, EU Commissioner for Financial Stability, Financial Services and the Capital Markets Union; Jess Staley, Group Chief Executive Officer, Barclays; and Nikhil Rathi, Chief Executive, Financial Conduct Authority and a thousand prominent individuals from the international financial services community, including market participants and policy makers drawn from around the world, are set to gather at City Week 2021 on 21 -23 June 2021 to discuss sustainable global recovery and other key issues facing the international financial services industry as it emerges from the Covid-19 crisis.
Global trade and the Government’s vision for the City and the UK financial services industry sits at the top of the agenda. Lord Grimstone of Boscobel Kt, Minister for Investment, Department for International Trade and the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy is expected to deliver a keynote address on the role of Britain on the Global stage and provide an overview of the prospects for new trade deals across the world.
Organised under a partnership between the UK Government’s Department for International Trade, the City of London Corporation, TheCityUK, UK Finance, London & Partners and City & Financial Global, City Week 2021 will address topics such as:
- Lessons from the Covid-19 crisis for the financial markets and dealing with its aftermath
- The UK as an independent international financial centre
- Climate change reporting – methodologies, disclosure and standardisation
- Global Britain – prospects for new trade deals across the world
- Climate risk scenario planning
- International financial regulation: the role of international standards in moving back towards convergence
- ESG investing – the next frontier: biodiversity, the oceans and nature
- Operational resilience in a rapidly changing eco-system
- Greening the financial system – implications for market participants
- Cryptoassets, stable coins and digital currencies – going mainstream?
- Future of market-based carbon pricing and its implications for investors
A panel consisting of Katharine Braddick, Director General, Financial Services HM Treasury, Sir Douglas Flint, Chairman Standard Life Aberdeen, Jes Staley, Group Chief Executive Officer, Barclays, David Schwimmer, Chief Executive Officer, London Stock Exchange Group, and Miles Celic, Chief Executive Officer, TheCityUK will bring an industry perspective on the UK as an independent international financial centre.
A full list of speakers and the event programme can be found at www.cityweekuk.com
Maurice Button, Chief Executive of City & Financial Global, said:
“Climate change and the role of the financial services industry in delivering net zero are at the heart of this year’s programme, as CW2021 is positioned as a stepping stone towards COP26 in November. Equally, Britain’s role on the global stage and prospects for new trade deals across the world remain at the top of the agenda as the country moves forward post BREXIT and Covid crisis. Other key themes include the latest developments in international financial markets and in financial regulation, culture and governance issues, financial technology and the impact of geopolitics on the industry”.