FCI 51st Annual Meeting, Ho Chi Minh City, June 2019
The 51st Annual Meeting of FCI will take place in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, from Sunday 9 June until Friday 14 June 2019. Vietnam was chosen as the venue for this Annual Meeting, in part due to the geo-political position of Vietnam, their growing factoring industry and economy, and their leadership position in the ASEAN trade agreement.
This annual meeting will gauge the direction of the industry and discuss and debate the most important developments, such as:
- the rise of fintechs/blockchain technology and their possible benefits and potential threats to the Receivables Finance industry;
- the impact of Basel regulatory capital requirements and the use of credit insurance as a risk mitigation tool and their combined effect on capital adequacy;
- the benefits of establishing a Supply Chain Finance (SCF) platform inside a bank/receivables finance operation;
- and the launch of FCIreverse, FCI’s proprietary global community reverse factoring network, that will allow members to on-board anchor buyers and their domestic and international suppliers.
FCI has also announced many changes within its organization,
- from the launch of its new SCF service
- to the further decentralization of its offices, appointing three new regional directors: for East Asia, based in Shanghai; for Central, Eastern, Southeastern Europe & the Middle East, based in Istanbul; and for Africa, based in Cairo.
- Furthermore, the appointment of a SCF consultant to help with the on-boarding process of our members onto FCIreverse,
- and finally the announcement of the recruitment of a new IT Director and a new Director of Administration.
- FCI will also invest in a new cross border communication system, that may be based on a distributed ledger technology platform. All will be discussed during the event.
This is the first time FCI has organised an annual meeting in this country. We have prepared a unique agenda, have created more time to establish bilateral meetings, all in a very unique and beautiful setting.
Our conference hotel is the Intercontinental Saigon. Please note that FCI has made a block booking for the guest rooms. In the registration form, you must fill in your hotel requirements to allow FCI to do the booking for you. FCI has always emphasised the importance of this networking event, and we feel that staying in the same conference hotel facilitates networking and the ease in setting up appointments. Please do not contact the hotel yourself!
We hope that the annual meeting will be attended by both the group of chief executives as well as those executives in charge of international factoring. The FCI annual meeting opens with a welcome dinner on Sunday 9 June and closes with a farewell dinner on Thursday 14 June. This allows attendees to benefit fully from networking opportunities. All social activities during the annual meeting are open to all delegates, including sponsors, observers and potential new members, to maximize the networking opportunities.
Finally, we have known for many years that the presence of the spouses greatly improves the working climate and it is hoped therefore that many of the delegates will be accompanied to enjoy the very interesting spouses’ program. It remains one of the very good traditions within FCI!
HOTEL INTERCONTINENTAL SAIGON, HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM
DATE: 9-14 JUNE 2019
Welcome Dinner (18.00-21.00)
Conference Day 1 (09.00 – 17.00)
Welcome address by the Chairman of FCI Keynote Addresses
Presentation by the Secretary General of FCI Workshops
Conference Day 2 (09.00 – 16.30)
Technical Committees presentations Membership Forum
Networking casual dinner (18.30 – 22.00)
BINH QUOI Village
Conference Day 3 (09.00 – 14.00)
FCI Council Meeting
Full networking day (08.30 – 14.00)
Farewell dinner (19.00 – 22.30)
Cocktails and dinner in the Reunification Palace
Download Agenda Here: