At the 51st Annual Meeting of FCI, held in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, the attending members have been advised of the results of the 2019 Annual Awards for Excellence in the correspondent two-factor performance categories. Following the Council Meeting which took place within the event, a new Executive Committee has been elected. TFG reports from Ho Chi Minh City, as Media Partners of the Meeting.
FCI has held its 51st Annual Meeting of FCI in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, with a highly successful, intensive and in-depth programme involving some 240 participants in interactive presentations, discussions and debate on the latest developments and trends in the Global Factoring Industry.
Awards Winners Announced
Peter Mulroy, FCI Secretary-General was delighted to announce and present the awards on behalf of the Executive Committee and all Members.
The awards were made as follows:
- Export and Import Factor of the Year: UniCredit Factoring S.p.A. – Italy
- Export Factor of the Year: TEB Faktoring A.Ş. – Turkey
- Import Factor of the Year: Deutsche Factoring Bank GmbH & Co. KG. – Germany
- The best consistent overall performance as Export Factor and Import Factor in the last five years: BNP PARIBAS Factor SA, France
- The best service quality performance improvement since last year as an Import Factor: ING Bank NV, Bucharest Branch, Romania
- The best service quality performance improvement since last year as an Export Factor: India Factoring & Finance Solutions Pvt Ltd
This year, in addition to these awards, FCI has awarded some regional awards:
- Export and Import Factor of the Year Asia Pacific Region: Mizuho Factors Limited
- Export and Import Factor of the Year Americas Region: Wells Fargo Bank
- Export and Import Factor of the Year EMEA Region: Tunisie Leasing & Factoring (TN)
Mr Mulroy, FCI Secretary General noted “The awards reflects the striving for quality excellence in our industry. We are delighted to honour those winners who have achieved such excellence within FCI.”
FCI Executive Committee for 2019 Announced
Following the Council Meeting which took place within the event, a new Executive Committee has been elected.
The Chairman is confirmed as Mr Patrick de Villepin, Global Head Factoring & Chairman, BNP Paribas Factor, France.
The new Committee, who were chosen by qualified FCI members comprises:
Two Vice-Chairman: Ms. Sun Jianbo (General Manager-Intl. Business Department of China Construction Bank, China) and
Ms. Daniela Bonzanini (Head of International of BANCA IFIS S.p.A, Italy)
Members of the Executive Committee: Ms. Joy Zhu (Director International of The CIT Commercial Services, USA) , Mr. Josep Selles (International Executive of EXICON Consultoria em Crédito E Cobrança Ltda, Brazil), Mr. Andrew Zbikowski (Advisor to the CEO of ING Commercial Finance Poland), Mr. Panos Papatheodorou (Executive Vice-Chairman and CEO of Laiki Factors & Forfaiters S.A., Greece), Mr. Christian Eymery (CEO of Deutsche Factoring Bank, Germany), Mr. Julio Nielsen (Executive Vice President – International of Penta Financiero S.A., Chile) and Mr. Joaquin Durany Seto (International Factoring Director of Caixabank, Spain). Cagatay Baydar (General Manager of TEB Faktoring A.S. Turkey), the past Chairman, completes the Executive Committee members.
Dr Benedict Oramah (President and Chairman of the Board of Director of The African Export-Import Bank, Egypt) is chosen as the Executive Committee representative of the Affiliate Members.
The new Executive Committee will be working with the Secretariat to deliver a strong programme of activities designed to develop a 5-year strategic plan to bring the association to the next level and confirming its reputation as the “Voice of the Industry”.
As Patrick de Villepin, newly elected Chairman of FCI states “We are at a cross roads with a lot of challenges to face and we need to be innovative and creative in order to confirm a great future for the chain and a sustainable growth for our industry. A lot of work is awaiting the newly elected executive committee”
FCI was set up in 1968 as an umbrella organisation for independent factoring companies around the world. Today, FCI has grown into the world’s representative factoring network and association with 400 members in 90 countries with member transactions representing nearly 90% of the world’s international correspondent factoring volume. FCI is truly the global representative body for the Factoring & Receivables Finance Industry.
FCI offers three major areas of activities:
- CONNECT: the Business network supports cross-border factoring activities through which its members cooperate as export and import factors
- EDUCATE: FCI promotes and develops best practices in both domestic and international factoring and related Open Account Finance products
- INFLUENCE: FCI promotes and defends the Industry with stakeholders and policy makers worldwide