London, 10th September – TFG and Finastra announce their live Tradecast on Optimizing the chain: supply chain 4.0 taking place on the 22nd of September at 7:00 ET / 12:00 BST / 17:00 SGT.
COVID-19 has shifted global value chains in unprecedented ways which will likely see no new ‘normal’. As behaviours, purchasing trends and trade are completely shifted, this Tradecast will explore how corporates are reacting to new levels of volatility, and ultimately, how technology and innovation could help build an inclusive, resilient global value chain.
Featuring experts from international finance institutions, tradetechs, fintechs and trade banks, we’ll uncover the biggest challenges around financial inclusion for MSMEs, and real use-cases for technology and digital trade to help rethink credit risk, optimise trade and supply chain finance, as well as take a future look at post-COVID value chains.
In this Tradecast by Trade Finance Global and Finastra, we discuss:
- What’s the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and recent macroeconomic events on Global Value Chains (GVCs)?
- Have attitudes to off-shoring, near-shoring and supply chains changed from a corporate perspective?
- Has there been an impact of MSMEs, particularly in emerging and developing economies (EDEs)?
- The role of insurance versus government backstops
- How is supply chain finance developing and evolving to meet the needs of corporates, their Tier 2-3 suppliers and customers? E.g. interconnectivity between insurers, lenders and multilaterals
- Can networks and B2B marketplaces build resilience, increase choice without creating digital islands?
- As supply chains become ever-more complex and interlinked, how do we create transparency?