AMS Ameropa Marketing and Sales AG, a fully owned subsidiary of Ameropa, today announced completing the full refinancing of its $750 million revolving credit facility, for an amount of $1.1 billion.
The refinancing process was launched earlier this year and gained support from the company’s relationship banks as well as several new banks.
As the facility was significantly oversubscribed, the company decided to increase the facility amount to $1.1 billion.
Coöperative Rabobank U.A., ING Bank N.V. and UniCredit Bank AG led the facility as active original bookrunners and mandated lead arrangers.
The facility will be used for working capital, with ING Bank N.V. acting as facility Agent and UniCredit Bank AG as the security agent.
The new facility amount, largely committed, is distributed across three tranches:
- Tranche A: a 364-day uncommitted $138 million facility with 3 x 364 days extension possible at the lenders’ discretion
- Tranche B: a 364-day committed $343 million facility with 3 x 364 days extension possible at lenders’ discretion
- Tranche C: a 3-year committed $619 million facility with 1 x 364 days extension possible at lenders’ discretion
The active original bookrunners and mandated lead arrangers were joined by
- Bookrunners and mandated lead arrangers: Credit Suisse (Switzerland) Ltd, Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft, Raiffeisen Bank International AG, and Natixis
- Mandated lead arrangers: Société Générale, Erste Group Bank AG, HSBC Trinkaus & Burkhardt GmbH, Bank of China Geneva Branch, CA Indosuez (Switzerland) SA, and Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen Girozentrale
- Lead arrangers: GarantiBank International N.V. and Zürcher Kantonalbank
- Arrangers: Basellandschaftliche Kantonalbank, Basler Kantonalbank, KBC Bank NV, Banque Cantonale Vaudoise, Arab Banking Corporation S.A., AKA Ausfuhrkredit-Gesellschaft mbH, and DZ Bank AG
“The success of the syndication underscores once again the very robust relationships we enjoy with the banking community,” Laurent Bogaert, chief financial officer of Ameropa, said.
“It also signals banks’ strong support for our strategy, our sound operating model, and our talented teams.
“It is a testament to our solid performance”.
William Dujardin, Ameropa Group CEO, added: “Ameropa’s main credit facility has practically doubled in the last 2 years.
“This continued and increased support from our banking partners testifies to our ability to navigate very complex and volatile markets thanks to our strong teams, unique footprint, and great customers across the world.
“It allows us to continue delivering on a mission made even more essential in the troubled times we currently face: helping feed the world.”